Friday, June 29, 2012

We're not in Kansas anymore Toto

HOLY SHEEP SH$%!

Ask quick as it reached a 100 degrees and high humidity today, Mother Nature got biblical with 50 MPH winds, sideways rain and lightning that scared me so bad I cried like a baby. Ding and I went out to run errands at 4 p.m.-ish and it was overcast and sticky gross hot. Thirty minutes later we got a cell call from Rob who said "get home fast, it's coming." By the time we raced home minutes later, the new white canopy - even with major water weights hanging on all four corners - was destroyed. The lightning was so fierce it was rattling the truck as we sat there watching $300 worth of canvas and metal mash into a ball. Three tables we had out are OK, the Harley appears OK, but Ding's tool bag has two inches of water in it. Luckily, I hadn't yet put our 600+T-shirt inventory out on those tables yet (see, procrastination does has some value). I am camped inside BFT with a brave Thumper and a quivering Bob. I broke out a can of vienna sausages to quell the fear for the four-leggers. Hail supposed to be coming. If wind and elements persist, we will head to Rob and Cindy's.

Shot from front seat of truck. Reflection is my notes and clipboard. White canopy going down.

No comments:

Post a Comment