Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Hot hot hot!


THOROUGHFARE AT ALGONA, IOWA - With my Deadwood series affiliation notwithstanding and my good friend Shank reminding me (thanks dude), I have realized that a key peg in this journey is the thoroughfares of the loci at which we move about and vend. For those who haven't watched Deadwood or Carnivale, here's the picture: On most days, there is always some wacko in the thoroughfare. In Deadwood, it might be the crusty and intolerable E.B. Farnum or his lackey Richardson. In our thoroughfare, it's the 50-year-old woman with her man on her side, walking topless down the line with her husband in his boxer shorts; or the drummer next door who has found a kinship with Don's dog Thumper - because, as a rock and roller drummer - his name is Thumper, too! The thoroughfare becomes your life on the road as a carnie. Ding sweated through 100+ degree heat today to wrench on two bikes. I sorted 1,000+T-shirts. I hope someone is making pancakes in this camp tomorrow.
More from the thoughfare soon...
Harvest Moon

Ding wrenching

No comments:

Post a Comment