Monday, August 27, 2012

Don't judge what u don't know..right?




DATELINE CORTEZ COLORADO---My honest assessment of the family camping was that all went more than well. I liked that on the second night my father proclaimed at the supper table that the ordained minister at the table would say grace - he was referring to Fran not Mike - and what came next was comforting (Mike's last journey was Bogata and the mission sounded wonderful). Fran said grace and a pleasant, detailed conversation about travel and faith came about between most of us. It's a big deal when in-laws and in-laws find common ground. I kept having thoughts about my Mom when everyone - nearly everyone- at the table started discussing education. In our ways, at various teaching levels and such, we had plenty to say. Mom would have like this meal. We supped on Italian food and a 12-year-old bottle of Cab Sav that Brother Guy and Sister Jan gave us. It was butter. Thank you. I have come to know more about life on this thread and I am grateful. The Daileys did the Mesa Verde and Pop, Frannie and Don and I took a drive to Delores. The old Hollywod bar burned down (devastating) but we rebounded with an anchovy pizza and foreign beer on the river-front. The Broncos played - end of story. Fran rode the Harley with Don,,,,More soon =Bon Thumper, Ding, Hol

No comments:

Post a Comment